Safety and Security
Mid-Atlantic Christian University values the safety of its students and employees.
The University is committed to providing a safe and secure environment that promotes and facilitates learning. The University wants to ensure that students and employees have the information they need to feel safe on campus and to be informed of MACU’s safety and security measures.
- Familiarize yourself with the University Emergency Response Plan and procedures.
- Know where you want to go on campus if you feel unsafe or threatened.
- Ensure someone knows where they can find you.
Emergency Notification Systems
Students, staff, and faculty who have not signed up for the University Emergency Notification Systems are encouraged to do so immediately. These systems are designed to (1) inform users of university closings, weather concerns and other items that are in “an immediate need to know” circumstance (“One Call Now”); (2) gives members of the campus community the ability to surface actionable early warning insights that could help risk managers prevent the incident from occurring (“LiveSafe”).
“One Call Now” will send a recorded telephone message and a text message to the user.
“Live Safe” is an app that is downloaded by the user on any IOS or Android smart phone.
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
General Safety Tips for Staying Safe on Campus
Residence Hall Safety Tips
- Keep your door locked at all times.
- Do not lend your access card to anyone.
- Report lost keys immediately.
- Do not prop open external doors
- Do not keep valuables in the residence hall.
- Maintain a list/documentation of serial numbers and models numbers of value equipment that you keep on campus (e.g. electronic equipment.)
- Do not bring weapons on campus.
Vehicle Safety Tips
- Lock your doors at all times.
- Keep your windows rolled up at all times.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle. If you must leave them in your vehicle, ensure that they are out of sight (e.g. under the seat; placed in the trunk.)
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (20 USC § 1092(f)) (known as the Clery Act), Mid-Atlantic Christian University notifies employees and students about crimes that pose a threat to the MACU campus and surrounding areas in a timely manner.
MACU prepares the following report and is published by October 1 of each year in compliance with the Clery Act:
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains the reported crime and fire statistics for the past three years and information about campus safety policies and procedures. Report for: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
During business hours, printed copies of these reports can be obtained from the Office of Student Life, 715 N. Poindexter St., Elizabeth City, NC 27909 or by calling 252-334-2073.
Safety Information and Iquiries
252-334-2055, or 2033
(Attn: Student Life)
715 N. Poindexter St.
Elizabeth City, NC 27909