The Professional Christian Ministries Certificate is designed to provide elementary skills and knowledge needed to minister effectively in today’s North American culture. It is most suited for individuals who do not have a prior bachelor’s degree from a Christian college or seminary, but are paid or volunteer workers in a church ministry setting. Individuals who serve as elders or deacons in a church may also benefit from the program. Upon completion, graduates may apply these fifteen credits toward an associate’s or bachelor’s degree at Mid-Atlantic Christian University.
Benefits of the Professional Christian Ministries Certificate:
Learn to interpret Scripture more accurately by integrating biblical research resources and skills
Facilitate spiritual growth in yourself through the implementation of key resources and practices
Become better equipped to lead effectively in ministry by integrating key
Tuition and FAQs
The Professional Christian Ministries Certificate (PCMC) is a 15 credit hour certificate that can be completed on-campus or online.
- The flat-rate tuition is $2,000 for the entire certificate, which is 133.33 per credit hour vs. the current tuition rate of $485 per credit hour
- Tuition may be paid in two installments
- This program is not eligible for Title IV funding (Pell Grants and Federal Loans or MACU Scholarships)
- The motivated and full-time student could complete the program in one semester
- Students have 18 months to complete the coursework
- If the program is not completed in 18 months, the current standard tuition rates will apply for the remaining courses, there is no process to prorate or refund tuition
How do I apply?
- Apply online (application, character reference and writing sample)
- Applicants will need to make arrangements for official transcripts for their high school, community college, trade school and college work to be sent to the MACU Admissions office
Can I take other MACU courses?
- Other MACU courses not included in the PCMC program may not be taken until the coursework is completed
- A PCMC student may choose to apply his or her PCMC to a MACU Associate or Bachelor’s degree
What classes does the certificate require?
- Principles of Bible Study
- Christian Formation: Developing a Spiritual Life
Electives (Select 3):
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
- Introduction to Counseling
- Introduction to Family Ministry
- Teaching for Spiritual Formation
- Story of Redemption
- Conflict Management
- History of the Restoration Movement
- Christian Thinking: Developing a Christian Worldview
- Life and Teachings of Jesus
- Acts of the Apostles
- Early Hebrew History
- Introduction to Preaching
- Biblical Doctrines