The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies is designed for students who want a foundation in general studies, a substantial core of Biblical and theological studies, and studies in a Christian service or ministry area. The degree prepares students to be more effective servants and leaders in the local church, or as a preparatory for further undergraduate degrees in a variety of disciplines.
As a regionally accredited university, Mid-Atlantic Christian University prepares students in the Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies with the academic rigor of a large university but in a trusting, caring Christ-centered learning culture. This sense of community is central to the core of this university. Graduates of this program are prepared for the marketplace, ministry, or for the next step in their academic progress.
Students successfully completing the Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies will:
Recall key individuals, events, and themes from the biblical text
develop skills necessary for effective communication of God's Word
Express ways in which biblical teachings apply to their lives
Benefits of the Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies Program
- The core components are Bible and Theology courses. This provides the perfect foundation for further studies and your life’s work!
- The general studies courses in this program are usually transferable to any college or university, accommodating those who desire to complete their education elsewhere.
- A variety of professional studies electives allows you to select those courses in which you are most interested.
What Can I Do With An Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies Degree From MACU?
A recent survey of Mid Atlantic’s Associate of Arts: Biblical Studies graduates showed the following:
- 40% are employed in business offices (office managers, medical transcriptionists, financial counselors, loan processors)
- 20% are employed in churches (part-time ministers)
- 20% completed degrees at other colleges/universities
- 13% are employed in retail
- 13% are self-employed
Required Courses (61/62 Hours)
|General Studies||31/32 Semester Hours|
|Biblical and Theological Studies||21 Semester Hours|
|Professional Studies||9 Semester Hours|