Job Title: Youth Minister
Reports To: Senior Minister
The Stoneybrook Christian Church Youth Minister is a full time position (40 hrs. week) responsible for the oversight of youth/children’s programs at Stoneybrook Christian Church, ensuring a smoothly operating, safe and effective program. The Youth Minister’s primary responsibility will be to lead youth and their families to a closer relationship to Christ, but will be called upon to minister to all people. This position functions under the guidance of the Senior Minister and the elders of Stoneybrook Christian Church. This minister will recruit and train volunteer leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people – laying a foundation that will keep the youth and children interested in the things of God and involved in church.
The successful candidate must be a Christian and fully support the core values of Stoneybrook Christian Church, holding firmly to beliefs consistent with New Testament Christian Churches/Churches of Christ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Develop and lead Children’s Church program.
- Develop and lead a balanced and effective youth and children’s ministry which includes outreach, discipleship, worship, and ministry for youth/children.
- Coordinate and oversee the Christian education of youth/children.
- Recruit, lead, and equip volunteers for youth programs. As it is a sponsor-based program,the success of the program hinges on the minister’s ability to equip and lead volunteers.
- Work with and lead the Youth Ministry Team.
- Develope, promote and implement weekly and seasonal programs and activities (such as VBS, children’s Christmas programs, children’s church, times of fellowship, Bible College tours & trips, mission trips, etc
- Work with the Senior Minister and Elders in setting goals for evaluating the youth and children’s ministry, facilities, and resources.
- Work with the families – providing counsel and/or programs to assist in family related issues.
- Keep regular office hours
- Help with general office work
- Fill Pulpit when needed
- Participate in staff meetings as necessary.
- Perform staff responsibilities not covered by the job description, but necessary, in keeping with the oversight of the Elders and Senior Minister, to keep the overall ministry of Stoneybrook Christian Church operating efficiently and effective
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities preferred. These preferences are a goal but may not be a hindrance to the hiring of the appropriate candidate.
- Graduated from or attended a New Testament Bible College
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret educational materials.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to many different ages and types of children .
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from parents, staff or congregation; as well as the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively while maintaining good working relationships.
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in team situations
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess solid time management skills and organizational abilities.
- Ability to coordinate several activities at once and to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems .
Ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels of people, conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service.
The ideal candidate should be creative, have a passion for children, be high energy, hard working, and have the ability to motivate others. He/she should be detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS –The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Send digital resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail hard copy to:
Stoneybrook Christian Church
Attn: Mark Woolard
3502 Airport Blvd
Wilson, NC 27896
Contact Mark Woolard at 252-230-7301.
For more information, contact:
3502 Airport Blvd
Wilson, NC 27896
|Job Category||Youth Ministry|