Job Description for Worship and Media Director
Mission of Happy Home Church:
To develop people into mature followers of Christ who are equipped and empowered to multiply.
General Purpose for this position:
To develop mature followers of Christ by creating and managing a team of coordinators and leaders who effectively cultivate an environment of worship/prayer and strategically develop a media presence that not only grows our community of believers but reaches out to the lost.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Worship and Media Director reports to the Executive Pastor for ministry guidance.
- Embraces and live outs Christian values and disciplines.
- Agrees to fulfill the mission and vision of Happy Home Church.
- Agrees with the doctrine and manual of the IPHC.
- Proficient within the areas of music (vocals and instruments), audio (sound board), prayer, video (livestream and recording), ProPresenter, stage lights, stage design, social media, and website and app development.
- Ability to effectively recruit and lead volunteers/leaders through planning, developing, delegating, managing, and implementing.
- Disciplined in fulfilling responsibilities.
- Creative in teaching others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with diverse individuals and teams of volunteers.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Teachable and seeks to learn.
- Potentially oversee the Worship and Media Department which consists of worship band(s), sound team, light team, production team (ProPresenter, live-streaming, and recording), prayer team, social media team, and website and app team.
- Recruit coordinators and/or leaders to join the Worship and Media Department.
- Mentor and teach those who are in the Worship and Media Department.
- Provide ongoing training to the coordinators and/or leaders.
- Coordinate and delegate responsibilities to coordinators and/or leaders, so they effectively cultivate an environment of worship/prayer and strategically develop a media presence that not only grows our community of believers but reaches out to the lost.
- Hold coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship and Media Department accountable to fulfill responsibilities, effectively communicate, and arrive on time.
- Communicate to the coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship and Media Department on a regular basis, so they know their responsibilities and receive help from the Worship and Media Director if need.
- Evaluate the coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship and Media Department on a quarterly basis (every three months).
- Attend weekly or biweekly leadership meetings and report progress to Executive Pastor.
- Schedule and facilitate monthly meetings with coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship and Media Department to address where you are at, where you need go, and how to get there.
- Do a self-assessment and meet with Executive Pastor once a year.
- Participate in training provided by Executive Pastor.
- Arrive on time to meetings, services, and meetings.
- Seek to continually grow spiritually and mentally in the area of expertise through podcasts, videos, books, websites, conferences, etc.
- Passionately purse the growth of Happy Home church and specifically the Worship and Media Department.
Please email me your resume and cover letter to Lead Pastor: Walter Byrum Email: email@example.com
|Job Category||Music-Worship Ministry|