South Haven Christian Church- Preaching/Senior Minister
South Haven Christian Church is seeking a Biblically-Solid, Dynamic, Preaching/Senior Minister
Our Restoration Movement membership is near 150, with an average Sunday morning
attendance of 100. Since 1963 SHCC has been pursuing to glorify God through seeing
lives changed. Our purpose is to bring people into a life-changing relationship with
Jesus and the fellowship of His church, to worship and to serve Him, and to develop a
Christ-like maturity. Our goal is to make disciples that make disciples.
• Average Sunday morning attendance is currently 100
• In the past 6 months, SHCC has had 270 individuals present across our various services
• Currently, SHCC has weekly Sunday school classes for all ages, Sunday worship service with breakout classes for kids PreK through 5th
grade, Wednesday Adult Bible studies, various youth events, a young adult weekly Bible study, and 5th Sunday all-church fellowships.
• SHCC hosts a Pumpkin Jam (Trunk or Treat) event each year. In 2021, we had a record attendance of over 300 adults/kids.
• SHCC hosts Easter Eggstravagnza events each year with eggcellent attendance.
• South Haven is an unincorporated area in North Porter County in Northwest Indiana
• South Haven has a population of 5,100
• Nearby town populations are as follows: Valparaiso 33,900, Portage 37,000, Chesterton 14,300
• Haven Hollow Park is located nearby and SHCC members volunteer to help at community events there
• 500 Turkeys/Clothes N’ Prayers are local ministries in which SHCC members participate
• Worship Center seats approximately 325
• Full-size gym building with basketball court
• 2 fully-equipped kitchens
• Fellowship hall
• 9 classroom spaces
• 2 Nurseries
• SHCC is completely debt-free
• Utilize Elexio Church Management Software
• CloverSites website
• ProPresentor for Sunday Morning Worship and Sermon
• Apple computers
• Smart tvs/and or apple computers in classrooms
• To set an example in Christian
living and in personal devotion
to Bible study and prayer.
• To be a servant leader, ready to help in any situation
• To be a good witness for Christ and the church out in the
• To be a person of integrity – striving to live out the
requirements for Elders as stated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and
Titus 1:6-9 as well as to reflect the fruit of the Spirit listed in
Galatians 5:22, 23.
• To be a source of encouragement to our staff, church leaders
and others in our congregation.
• To be willing to keep learning, adapting and changing that the
church and its ministry will be relevant and effective.
• To fulfill my personal responsibilities to my family and to
myself and my health.
Preaching and Teaching Responsibilities
• To plan, prepare, and preach weekly messages from the Bible.
• To work with the person in charge of worship in planning and
coordinating weekend worship services to impact maturing
believers and to reach new people.
• To teach a What We Believe Class (as needed).
• To lead a Sunday School class (as needed).
• To teach at Wednesday Night Bible Study, VBS, and other
youth and children’s programs (as needed).
• To preach funerals and memorial services (as requested).
• To officiate at weddings (as requested), providing a minimum
of five sessions of premarital counseling.
(Per SHCC wedding policies).
• To provide personal and group counseling, or make counseling
referrals (as requested).
• To oversee the church staff, including youth minister &
• To be a mentor and resource for the other ministerial staff to
help them in their growth and development.
• To conduct regular staff meetings to promote staff unity and
to insure the staff’s awareness of church plans, activities, and
• To give input/assist on performance reviews (at least on an
annual basis) each staff member and the effectiveness of their
ministry. At the same time seeking evaluation from each staff
• To work together with the Elders in leading the church’s
ministry. Meeting together with them on a twice-monthly
basis for business, study, and prayer.
• To help cast the vision and set the overall direction of the
congregation, along with the elders.
• To work with the Elders in shepherding the flock, which
includes hospital and nursing home calls, home visitation,
personal contacts, etc.
• To help equip the members of the congregation, along with
the Elders, to serve in ministry – assisting them to identify and
use their spiritual gifts.
• To support the Elders in confronting issues and managing
conflict within the congregation, its leadership, or its staff.
• To assist our ministry teams and committees in their planning
• To assist in mentoring and coaching new leaders and teachers.
• To work with the Meet & Greet Team in our follow-up of
recent guests – moving them from being first-time attenders
to eventually becoming Christians and members of our
• To be a representative of Christ and our church in community
organizations and events.
• To constantly challenge people to develop a relationship with
Jesus – bringing them into salvation and helping them grow in
• To reach out on a personal level and develop relationships
outside of the congregations with the unchurched.
• To work together with the Deacons, Elders, and other staff in
challenging our congregation toward a growing stewardship.
• To work with the Missions Committee, Elders and other staff
in planning and directing our missions outreach, including
• To write an article as well as other news items for our church’s
newsletter and website.
• Schedule people to present Communion meditations and to
|Job Category||Preaching Ministry|