Position Description for Worship Director
Happy Home Church is located 534 Happy Home Road Tyner, N.C. 27980
Mission of Happy Home Church:
To develop people into mature followers of Christ who are equipped and empowered to multiply.
General Purpose for this position:
To develop mature followers of Christ by creating and managing a team of coordinators and leaders who effectively lead people into an environment of worship and obedience through large gatherings (ex: Sunday morning service) centered around music, sermon, prayer, and video.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Worship Director reports to the Executive Pastor for ministry guidance.
- Embraces and live outs Christian values and disciplines.
- Agrees to fulfill the mission and vision of Happy Home Church
- Agrees with the doctrine and manual of the IPHC
- Proficient within the areas of music (instruments and sound), sermon, prayer, video (livestream and recording), ProPresenter, stage lights, and/or stage design.
- Ability to effectively recruit and lead volunteers/leaders through planning, developing, delegating, managing, and implementing
- Disciplined in fulfilling responsibilities
- Creative in teaching others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Works well with diverse individuals and teams of volunteers
- Good conflict management skills
- Teachable and seeks to learn
- Potentially oversee the Worship Department which consists of worship band(s), sound team, light team, production team (ProPresenter, live-streaming, and recording), and prayer team.
- Recruit coordinators and/or leaders to join the Worship Department
- Mentor and teach those who are in the Worship Department
- Provide ongoing training to the coordinators and/or leaders
- Coordinate and delegate responsibilities to coordinators and/or leaders, so they effectively lead people into an environment of worship and obedience through large gatherings (ex: Sunday morning service) centered around music, sermon, prayer, and video.
- Hold coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship Department accountable to fulfill responsibilities, effectively communicate, and arrive on time
- Communicate to the coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship Department on a regular basis, so they know their responsibilities and receive help from the Worship Director if need
- Evaluate the coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship Department on a quarterly basis (every three months)
- Attend weekly or biweekly leadership meetings and report progress to Executive Pastor
- Schedule and facilitate monthly meetings with coordinators and/or leaders in the Worship Department to address where you are at, where you need go, and how to get there
- Do a self-assessment and meet with Executive Pastor once a year
- Participate in training provided by Executive Pastor
- Arrive on time to meetings, services, and meetings.
- Seek to continually grow spiritually and mentally in the area of expertise through podcasts, videos, books, websites, conferences, etc.
- Passionately purse the growth of Happy Home church and specifically the Worship Department
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Lead Pastor Walter Byrum.
|Job Category||Music-Worship Ministry|