Poplar Ridge Christian Church- Lead Minister
|Point of Contact Name:||Donnie Wallingford|
|Name of Church:||Poplar Ridge Christian Church|
|Church Address:||206 Poplar Ridge Church Road
Piney Flats, TN 37686
|Church Phone:||(423) 538-5067|
|Position Hiring:||Lead Minister|
|Description of Position/Benefits/Church:||Applicants can also go here (https://www.
Poplar Ridge Christian Church
Position: Lead Minister
Status: Full Time
Poplar Ridge Christian Church (PRCC), located at 206 Poplar Ridge Church Road, Piney Flats, TN 37686, is free from all
denomination organizations and creeds. We seek to honor Christ as Head and Lord over the Church, as established in the
We plead for unity of believers in Christ, not by compromise or organizational union of man-made sects, but by a return to
the Bible as God’s inspired Word.
We accept the Bible as sole authority and sufficient guide for our faith and practice. On matters of opinion, where God has
not spoken, we desire to allow the liberty of opinion in Christian love and fellowship.
Vision, Mission, Values of PRCC
Poplar Ridge Christian church exists to “Love God, Love People.” Our vision is to be “A Place to Call Home.”
We have a set of four core values:
Worship: Surrendering to God by showing worth through our Time, Treasure, Talent and Testimony.
Training: Preparing Hearts and Minds through Apprenticing, Educating and Equipping.
Prayer: Seeking God’s Will Through an Intimate Relationship
Sharing: Expressing God’s Love in a Way that is Seen and Heard
The Role of the Lead Minister
Poplar Ridge is a multigenerational church that seeks to honor God above all things. We are passionate about mobilizing
others to discover and grow in their gifts and relationship to God. The Lead Minister serves the congregation at PRCC as
directed by the elders and leading the staff to accomplish our Mission and Vision.
The Lead Minister:
● Is accountable to the elders
● Is responsible for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ from the pulpit and ensures the pulpit is filled as
● Oversees other members of the church staff according to current staff organization.
● Coordinates and maintains Mission, Vision and Core Values of the church as established by the elders.
● Oversees and coordinates pastoral care (i.e., visitation, counseling)
● Is a representative of Christ and PRCC to the community.
● Oversees Daily operations of PRCC.
1. Communicate required information between Elders, Staff, and Congregation.
2. Provide administrative leadership for the Vision and Mission of PRCC.
3. Oversee worship service planning.
4. Personal preparation for sermons, teaching occasions, and training courses.
5. Oversee pastoral care.
6. Promote community involvement from PRCC.
7. Oversee the assimilation process for potential members.
8. Maintain PRCC’s evangelistic urgency.
9. Other duties as required by the Elders.
The Lead Minister:
● Loves Jesus, the local church, creativity, and collaboration.
● Set as a guideline of personal behavior the standard required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
● Has a strong work ethic and an attitude of continual improvement.
● Is both a student and a teacher.
● Loves working with people.
● Is a planner and can multitask projects.
● Is a self starter.
● Is proactive in communication.
● Models Christ’s love in family and personal relationships.
Education and Experience:
● Graduate degree preferred from a Christian University or College.
● Three to five years of preaching experience.
● Experience in leading teams.
● Experience in church organizational leadership.
● Experience in para-church and/or nonprofit organizational leadership preferred.
● Experience teaching/training associate ministers.
● Personal evangelism experience
|Job Category||Preaching Ministry|