The purpose of this role is to oversee all Children’s Ministry at Mechanicsville Church of Christ. We consider this to be a part time position and roughly 20 hours a week. Direct oversight will come from the Senior Minister. Listed below are general responsibilities expected of the Children’s Director.
– Follow the vision of Mechanicsville Church of Christ; Love. Grow. Serve. (See attached vision)
– Oversee volunteers for Children’s Ministry
– Sunday Morning Life Group hour and Worship hour for kids
– Manage background checks
– Recruit new volunteers
– Organize trainings and appreciation
– Plan and oversee children’s events. (eg. Vacation Bible School, Preteen Convention, Trunk or Treat, Egg Hunt, etc.)
– Organize Christmas and/or Easter Children’s program.
– Select, order, and distribute curriculum.
– Make sure teachers have necessary resources. Teaching guides, PowerPoints, craft/game supplies, cleaning supplies, etc.
– Weekly staff meeting
– Yearly Conference/Professional Development (Budget of $750)
– Bases covered when away for Sundays or other events
Salary $17,000 –
Please send resume and cover letter to Will at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 804-929-4182 if you have any questions. Thanks!