Job Title: Mobilization Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Hours: Exempt Position. Forty hours per week minimum with frequent weekend
and international travel obligations.
Role: The Mobilization Associate will work with the Director of Short-Term Trips to
oversee the FAME short-term medical mission trips program. He/she works
under the direction of the Executive Director to schedule trips, recruit
participants, and equip the teams.
A. Specific Trip Responsibilities.
1. Schedule FAME short-term mission trips, including a selection of destinations
and dates of trips.
2. Recruit trip participants. Recruiting will take place at local and national conferences,
church meetings, via the FAME website, through personal contact, through networking
in the medical community and through FAME literature.
3. Process trip applications, maintain a file on all trip participants, and ensure that
all necessary paperwork has been completed on each trip participant.
4. Track financial contributions made to FAME for trip participants. Keep trip
participants informed of their financial status. Ensure that trip participants meet their
financial obligations to FAME prior to trip departure.
5. Prepare team members for trip participation. This includes providing trip
participants with appropriate printed materials (participant booklets, departure
packets, etc.) and appropriate planning and training meetings. Ensure that trip
participants have met all required legal and medical obligations.
6, Coordinate trip logistics with host mission, including travel arrangements, housing,
7. Coordinate with the host mission, team leader and participants the trip
schedule and planned activities. Be sure all needed medicines and supplies are
available for use by the team.
8. Manage concerns with health, safety, legal, and security issues for all scheduled
9. Schedule trip leaders for all trips. Personally lead selected trips each year. Recruit
and train appropriate trip leaders for future trips.
10. Provide debriefing, follow-up, and evaluation at the conclusion of each trip.
B. Other Trip Responsibilities.
1. Develop and implement new ways to recruit trip participants. Plan to double the
number of trips and participants in the next two years.
2. Develop and implement a variety of kinds of FAME medical trips. These could
include surgical teams, dental, optical, CHE training, health education, etc.
3. Develop new partnerships with churches and mission organizations for the
purpose of facilitating FAME medical trips.
4. Plan and implement, in partnership with the Development Director, a strategy to
follow-up with all trip participants to get them more involved in the ministry of FAME.
5. Recruit and develop volunteers who will assist in short-term trip preparation.
6. Contribute to the development and distribution of electronic and printed trip
publicity and informational materials.
7. Contribute to the trips section of the FAME website.
8. Cultivate partnerships with universities, medical schools, training ministries, and
other organizations that would benefit the trips program.
C. Additional responsibilities
1. Learn from the current Director of Short-Term Trips. Prepare to become Director
of Mobilization in February, 2025.
2. Serve as a FAME trips representative at conventions, conferences and churches.
3. Responsible for contributing to the maintenance of an organizational culture that is
Christ-centered and aligns with the FAME statement of faith, vision, and mission.
4. Carries out such other general responsibilities as may be delegated by the
II. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
A. Proven experience in formulating and executing an effective short-term trips program.
B. Proven ability to work cross-culturally, network and build successful relationships.
C Willingness and ability to take direction (supervision) and work as a team player.
D Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
E. Ability to interact effectively with others at all levels of the organization, including
the Board of Directors, staff, trip participants, donors and volunteers.
F Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Will need to become
familiar with the ministry’s philosophy, policies, procedures and guidelines, and be
able to explain them clearly to others.
G Associate’s degree or higher in healthcare or missions/ministry is preferred. Appropriate experience may substitute for degree status.
|Job Category||Other Ministry Positions|