ABOUT THE CHURCH:
LifePointe Christian Church – Toano, VA
LifePointe Christian Church is a young and growing church in Toano, VA (just outside of Williamsburg).
LifePointe was planted in 2006 and was a mobile church until it moved into its first campus in late 2021.
Our desire is to be a place where both churched, and unchurched people in our community can call
home. Our desire is to harness relationships and conversations to CONNECT people to the Gospel,
while providing environments for them to GROW in their faith and love of community, while setting
them up for opportunities to SERVE others both in and out of the church.
LifePointe Christian Church was planted by WayPoint Church Partners in September of 2006. Since that
time, LifePointe has grown with the community that surrounds it.
For the first fifteen years, the church was a mobile church, meeting in a school. In 2021, LifePointe
moved into its first campus. This campus was once a horse farm and is comprised of 10 acres and more
than 20,000 square feet of meeting space.
Before moving into the new campus, LifePointe averaged around 400 in attendance. In 2023, LifePointe
averages around 700 in attendance, with 200+ of those being children under the age of 12.
LifePointe’s Ministry Team has grown with the church and is comprised of leaders, each with their own
area of expertise and responsibility. Our current team consists of: Lead Minister, Phillip Murdock (who
has been on staff since LifePointe’s launch in 2006); Children’s Director, Scott Kline; Connections
Minister, Ryan Dent; Next Gen Minister, Reed Smith; Mental Health Coordinator, Katlin Sisler; Worship
Director, Devin Powell*; Office Manager, Liz Becker; and Media Coordinator, Duane Crosby.
*Devin has been with us part-time since 2012 and will not be pursuing the full-time position.
ABOUT THE AREA:
LifePointe is located in Toano, Virginia, just eight miles west of Colonial Williamsburg. The city of
Richmond is located just 30 minutes to the west, while the Hampton Roads/ Norfolk area is located
30-45 minutes to the east. The upper James City County area (where Toano is located) is filled with
horse farms, older churches (some colonial), and large fields and pastures. However, this end of the
county has been the fastest growing portion of the county over the last ten years and is projected to
increase in development over the next twenty years.
The community is intergenerational, with sprawling neighborhoods filled with young families as well as
large retirement golfing communities. Toano has managed to maintain a small-town feel while growth
has entered into the area.
The Williamsburg area has been consistently ranked one of the country’s top tourist locations and one
of the top places to raise children, according to several national magazines and publications. The area
has excellent schools and tons to do and see. It is surrounded by large rivers (James, York, and
Chickahominy), is only an hour away from the beach, two hours to the Blue Ridge mountains, and less
than twenty minutes from Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Jamestown, Yorktown and Colonial
Williamsburg. Interstate 64 goes right through this area, making mobility to other areas quick and easy.
We are looking to hire a Creative Arts Director that will cultivate, produce and execute intentional
worship experiences and creative content for LifePointe.
• Passionately live out a daily relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Live with integrity according to the grace and truth of Jesus and avoid situations in which
immorality can be perceived.
• Invite and invest in relationships with people outside of LifePointe. We want you to have the
opportunity to share Jesus with others outside of the church!
• Enjoy and be involved in the life of LifePointe! We want you to be connected to more than just
the ministry you lead. Make friends, join a LifeGroup, attend church events, etc. You need a
church family/network as well!
WORSHiP AND AVL RESPONSiBiLiTiES:
• Oversee the planning and execution of LifePointe’s Sunday morning worship experience. This
includes music, the flow of service, sound, lights, live stream, projection, preservice graphics
and video, etc.
• Recruit, Train, and Care For the various volunteers that comprise our worship ministry. There are
various teams that include musicians, vocalists, live stream operators, hosts, camera operators,
sound engineers, light engineers, projections directors, etc.
• Development of Ministry Team Leaders over various components of this ministry.
• Have a strong presence during LifePointe’s worship services. Whether by actually leading the
worship songs, or supporting other trained leaders.
• Oversee all AVL equipment. Including their maintenance, repair, and upgrade.
• Manage any requests for AVL resources for any events taking place at the LifePointe campus.
This may include weddings, funerals, VBS, community events, etc.
• Develop and oversee budgets pertaining to overseen ministries.
CREATiVE TEAM RESPONSiBiLiTiES:
• Oversee the Creative Arts elements (graphics, videos, etc), on LifePointe’s various
communication platforms (social media, website, building TV, and screens).
• Recruit, Train, and Care for team members to contribute to creative content.
• Plan and participate in creative planning meetings with staff and volunteers.
• Assist in content creation for website and social media (when needed).
• Collaborate with photographers, videographers, and graphic designers who create content for
DESiRED ATTRiBUTES, COMPETENCiES, AND TECHNiCAL SKiLLS
• Proficient and experienced in leading worship (vocally and instrumentally).
• Proficient in music theory and composition.
• Knowledgeable in Apple Products (Pages, Keynote, etc).
• Proficient in ProPresenter software (presentation software).
• Knowledgeable in graphic creation (Adobe Suite Programs).
• Proficient with resources such as Ableton, Planning Center, etc.
• Knowledgeable in video editing.
• Knowledgeable of AVL technologies, equipment, and trends.
QUESTiONS AND RESUMES
Questions? Contact Lead Minister – Phillip Murdock – firstname.lastname@example.org – 757.741.1022
Resumes can be sent to our Search Team at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Other Ministry Positions|