We are a church in Washington, NC. In our town of almost 10,000 people, 65% of them don’t know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. We want to help change that. Our mission is to help everyone discover their relationship with Jesus, living out our walk together and equipping each other to share the gospel with the lost.
POSITION TITLE: Worship Minister
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
The Worship Minister will be a professional staff member called by Journey Church.
General and specific duties shall be outlined in this job description. Other tasks may be
discussed and assigned by the Elders.
1. Provide leadership, coaching and development for musicians within Journey
Church and recruiting musicians outside.
a. Oversee all worship team ministry
b. Set clear direction for and expectations of each worship team member
c. Identifying, inspiring and mobilizing future worship team members within
and outside of the church
2. Lead the church in worship through music with excellence
a. Lead worship for Sunday worship gatherings
b. Plan songs in connection with the overall theme of the message.
c. Chart and arrange music, providing cords and lyrics for all of the worship
d. Evaluate the lyrics to ensure alignment with Journey Church’s beliefs,
mission, vision and values.
e. Oversee that the lyrics are inputted into presentation computer.
3. Run effective rehearsals
a. Make sure all print/copy material is completed
b. Provide strong spiritual and musical direction/leadership of band and
vocalist during rehearsals
c. Participate in audition processes
d. Scheduling worship team volunteers.
e. Lead worship ministry volunteers
f. Work to meet and identify training needs for worship ministry volunteers
4. Build Christ‐centered relationships with:
a. Lead Pastor and staff
b. Journey Church volunteers and church as a whole
c. The community, seeking ways to win the lost
5. Create an environment which supports feedback, opinions and ideas from those in
and around the worship ministry.
a. Evaluate worship gatherings
b. Solicit feedback
6. Coordinate with the Church calendar on all worship events to ensure no conflicts
with other scheduled events.
7. Be responsible for the area and equipment used by the worship ministry on
Sunday mornings and for other activities off site and at other times.
8. Report directly to Lead Pastor in assuming other duties and responsibilities for the
successfully implementing the worship ministry.
9. Assist in other areas that are not specifically noted in the job description. This
shall include, but is not limited to, assisting the Lead Pastor and staff in worship
planning and assuming other responsibilities as needed.
10. Work with the Elders and Lead Pastor, to cast a vision and purpose to coordinate
with the Church’s vision and purpose for the worship ministry.
11. Meet with Elders at least quarterly.
STRENGTHS, GIFTS, TALENTS REQUIRED:
Must have a strong desire to serve the Lord. Must have a love for people and for
ministering personally to them. Must have an outgoing personality and be a positive role
model. Must have a strong singing voice, playing musical instruments is preferred but not
required. Good communication and organizational skills. Prior experience working with
leading worship preferred. Candidate will be required to work in an indirectly supervised
position and needs to demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic.
|Job Category||Music-Worship Ministry|