Gethsemane Church of Christ in Mechanicsville, VA is seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to oversee the nursery to elementary school age groups. At Gethsemane, we place a high priority on the spiritual growth of our children, and we are blessed with an active children’s ministry with dozens of volunteers. We are a New Testament church with a membership of approximately 350-400, and we are eager to partner with someone in this vital ministry. We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
• First and foremost, a deep commitment and passion for sharing the gospel with children and demonstrating the love of Jesus
• A demonstrated ability to develop and implement the vision for children’s ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Elders
• Experience in training and leading children’s ministry staff and volunteers
• Able to offer pastoral care and encouragement to children, families, and volunteers. Experience with working with special needs children is a plus
• Experience in the planning and coordination of events for children and families and the general oversight of a children’s ministry program
• A degree related to teaching or child development is preferred, but not required
In addition, the candidate must adhere to and teach the scriptures as part of the Christian Church/Churches of Christ restoration movement, which is outlined in our Statement of Faith.
To apply, please submit your resume to Keith Jones at email@example.com.
|Job Category||Children's Ministry|