Full Time Children’s Director Job Description Ministry Description: The children’s director is to provide leadership, development, and direction to children, volunteers, and parents to live genuinely for Christ and to connect to a better story for their lives. These efforts will involve serving as a key resource person and role model in leading, developing, and coordinating all activities involving children from birth through 5th grade. Supervisor/Accountability: Senior Minister
Competencies and Expectations:
• Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Avalon Church of Christ
• Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated
• Good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
• Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity
• Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
• Have a cooperative relationship with supervisors, coworkers, volunteers and parents.
• Maintain personal spiritual development through regular Bible reading, prayer and Christian fellowship.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Utilize Planning Center administrative software to handle administrative and organizational processes related to children’s ministry.
• Participation in staff meetings and other required staff events
• Participation in Elders’ meetings, as required
• Create, submit, and effectively manage children’s ministry annual budget
• Establish guidelines/policies for children’s ministry
• Provide vision, strategy, and development of all birth- 5th grade ministry environments
• Responsible for the oversight and leadership of Children’s ministries that include: nurseries, Children’s Church, Children’s Special Events, Vacation Bible School, etc.
• Review, purchase, and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Children’s Special Events.
• Recruit, train, oversee, pray for and involve new children’s ministry volunteers.
• Provide regular appreciation to volunteers
• Develop and maintain safe, clean learning environments and storage facilities
• Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance
• Strive to build solid relationships with children by spending time with them in their homes, and/or attending various activities athletic events, concerts, etc.
• Communicate consistently with parents, providing tools needed for spiritual leadership.
• Coordinate with Student Minister to discuss ministry strategies and/or activities to promote a fluid transition from children to student programming
• Maintain relationships with Avalon’s community partners who work with children (i.e. College Park Elementary, American Heritage Girls).
Please submit all resumes to email@example.com or 844 Woodstock Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23464
For more information, contact:
|Job Category||Children's Ministry|