Position Title: Children’s Minister
The Children’s Minister has the responsibility to ensure that the ministry to birth through 5th grade children and their parents aligns with the beliefs, values and strategy of Central Christian Church. They will possess the ability to mobilize volunteers to provide a safe, caring environment where kids experience the love of Jesus. This position can be Full-Time or Part-Time depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and monitor check-in/out for children’s ministry programming
- Establish and maintain department policies and emergency procedures
- Create welcoming and safe classroom environments.
- Responsible for ongoing implementation of CCC’s Child Protection Policy.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate weekly ministry programming on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Oversee curriculum selection and implementation.
- Construct and manage Children’s Ministry budget.
- Maintain adequate supplies and ensure classrooms are prepared for programming.
- Communicate vision and direction to volunteers, church members, and church leadership.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly board meetings.
- Supervise Children’s Ministry Assistant, Nursery Coordinator, and Nursery Assistant. These responsibilities include administrative oversight of employees, evaluating performance, counseling supervised employees, addressing complaints, attempting to resolve issues, and consulting with the Senior Minister and Personnel Committee when further action may be necessary.
- Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers.
- Manage schedule for paid and volunteer staff to ensure adequate adult/child ratios.
- Organize and facilitate special events.
- Plan and coordinate summer day camp.
- Assist volunteers with annual Back to School benevolence program.
- Display a Christ-like attitude in dealing with staff, church members and others alike.
- A member of the Christian faith.
- Good knowledge of the Bible, Old and New Testaments
- Ability to teach children, demonstrated through experiences e.g. Sunday school, church programs, etc.
- A “team player” with congenial leadership qualities
- An optimistic, loving attitude toward children
- Must be spirit-filled and led by the Lord.
Education and/or Experience
- A college degree is desired preferably with an emphasis in the development of children.
- Demonstrated skill in working with children.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Continuing professional development is encouraged and supported.
- Ability to compose written articles and reports understandable to anyone.
- Ability to effectively present information to people from all walks of life.
- A basic knowledge of personal computers and associated software is desired.
- Able to manage finances in spending designated church monies within a prescribed operating budget.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written and oral form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must be able to sit and stand and use hands to write and handle documents, as well as, interact with children.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an area that may have a high noise level.
Personnel Committee Chairman Date
Chairman of the Board Date
Central Christian Church
424 MELROSE STREET
| BRISTOL, TN 37620 |
|Job Category||Children's Ministry|