|Point of Contact Name:||Jessica Freeman|
|Name of Church:||First Christian Church, Covington|
|Church Address:||231 E Fudge Street
Covington, VA 24426
|Church Phone:||(540) 968-2602|
|Position Hiring:||Senior Minister|
|Description of Position/Benefits/Church:||Title: Senior Minister
First Christian Church, Covington is seeking a full-time senior minister with a passion for leading and growing our small rural church, located in the western part of Virginia. The Senior Minister will be under the oversight of the FCC Elders, working with all FCC staff and volunteers to encourage unity, spiritual growth and community outreach.
The FCC Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the
Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body in partnership with
the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation. He will work with the leadership and Associate Minister to develop a strategy for the church’s next steps and encourage personal spiritual growth and discipleship within the congregation.Minimum Qualifications:
• Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
• Shows a deep commitment to Christ and has heart for all people.
• As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based
doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
• Consistent spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
• Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
• Potential and desire to remain in a long-term (5 year minimum) ministry at FCC.
• Strong in biblical and expository preaching.
• Along with baptized members of his immediate family living within the same household, will place his membership with First Christian Church and residence in the community.
• History of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an
outreach and mission-minded church.
• Empowering leader who motivates the church toward growth.
• Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in an ongoing online ministry and social media presence in a manner that
promotes, engages, and encourages those who receive the messages
• A commitment to/and agreement with the statements of beliefs of First Christian Church as stated in the Constitution and Bylaws.
• Ordained in the Christian Church.
• A Christian/theologically based bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited institution is required.
Please email resumes and letters of interest to email@example.com and a more complete questionnaire will be sent to you.
|Job Category||Preaching Ministry|