Director of Worship and Media
Western Hills Christian Church
1401 NW 82nd St, Lawton, OK 73505
Denomination: Christian Church
Category: Senior Pastor, Lead Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
Western Hills Christian Church is a multi-generational, non-denominational, and congregational church of believers in Lawton, OK with approximately 250 members. WHCC is prayerfully seeking a worship director called by God to lead our congregation into a new season of growth and effective ministry.
WHCC philosophy toward worship: True worship, whether corporate or individual, has several major components, as described in Romans 12:1-2.
- the motivation to worship is “the mercies of God” which embodies all He has given us, none of which we deserve.
- the presentation of our bodies, including our hearts, minds, hands, thoughts, and attitudes toward God.
- renew our minds through the Word of God. To know the truth, to believe the truth, to hold convictions about the truth, and to love the truth will naturally result in true spiritual worship.
- true worship is God-centered, not man-centered. The purpose of worship is not to produce an emotional experience, but to acknowledge God’s singular worthiness to be worshiped.
Most worship leaders are musicians of some kind, whether vocal or instrumental, and their primary role is to lead the other musicians/singers that are involved in the service.
The position of Director of Worship/Media will be a full-time paid position. The director is supervised by the senior pastor. In coordination with the senior pastor and the elders, the director will coordinate the inputs of the worship service into one overall service. The director leads a worship team of singers, instrument players, audio and visual technicians and the media team. Therefore, the director needs to be able to communicate well, delegate responsibilities, develop a team, and provide vision and coaching that builds and grows all areas of their responsibility.
The Director of Worship/Media has the authority and freedom to oversee all worship and media related actions in the church. The Worship Leader is responsible to supervise the planning, selection, rehearsal and lead the Worship Service, holiday worship services and the support of additional worship services. The Director of Worship/Media maintains transparency of planned music with the senior pastor and elders to assure lyrics are biblically sound.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him. Expected to meet the Scriptural qualification of a deacon as found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Provide a worship experience that leads the church into the presence of God as guided by the Holy Spirit
- Ensure the discipleship of the worship ministry team
- Applies an understanding of music theory
- Develop the talents of the ministry team
- Select music, schedule singers and instrumentalists for worship service.
- Manage and develop the media area of the church which will include, but is not limited to, sound, multi-media/video, stage setting/placement, social media, and music.
- Develop and deliver the social media presence of WHCC, which will include the WHCC website, Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media avenues. Includes the training of the staff and ministry team leaders concerning the updating of material for social media. It should not involve more than a few hours per week on average
- Attend staff meetings and church functions each week as scheduled
- Develop your own spiritual life through participation of Bible classes and Life Groups
- Prepare an annual budget and adhere to the budget for worship and media.
- Expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Works closely with the Senior Pastor in coordinating the flow of the worship service. Through Senior Pastor, provides monthly updates to the elders at ministry meeting.
- Any all duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- The worship leader will also have opportunity to develop other ministries they are passionate about.
Salary is commensurate with experience, duties, and responsibilities.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, including experience appropriate to the position, and a vlog/short video introducing yourself, share your testimony, and demonstrate your ability to lead a song with instrument and vocals.
. Please send completed application packet
Western Hills Christian Church
Organization Website: https://www.whccfamily.com/
About Western Hills Christian Church:
Western Hills Christian Church is a Non-Denominational Christian Church with a membership of approximately 250. Our worship style is traditional, with a mixture of worship music to reach our multigenerational population. We serve Lawton/Ft Sill and surrounding areas. We currently have a staff consisting of Senior Pastor, Youth/Associate Pastor, Children’s Director and are currently searching for a Worship Leader/Media Director. More detailed demographic information available upon request.
About Lawton/Fort Sill, OK:
Lawton is a growing medium-sized city located in the state of Oklahoma. With a population of 93,000 people, Lawton is the fifth largest community in Oklahoma. 15% of the workforce in Lawton is employed in the armed forces. Supporting the military is a huge focus of life in Lawton. Lawton is very supportive of the neighboring Fort Sill.
Even though Lawton is a military town, the civilian sector still plays an important role in the local economy. The Healthcare and Retail industries respectively employ 14% and 15% of the civilian workforce. There is a good-sized population of people who are young, single, educated, and upwardly mobile career starters. Many residents consider Lawton a good place to live and raise a family without being in a big city. The Good Year Plant located in Lawton is considered to be a flag-ship plant for the company. The education level of Lawton citizens is a little higher than the average for US cities and towns: 21% of adults in Lawton have at least a bachelor’s degree. Lawton is home to Cameron University and the Great Plains Technology Center.
Lawton is near the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and several areas lakes. There are opportunities for camping, water activities, fishing, and hunting. Lawton boasts several museums, including the Museum of the Great Plains and Comanche National Museum, as well as others located on Fort Sill. Lawton has several areas festivals that are very popular, including Arts for All, the International Festival, and July 4th Community Celebration. Lawton has a very active arts, community including its own philharmonic orchestra and the Lawton Community Theater. Lawton has a very active Chamber of Commerce that encourages volunteer opportunities in the community. The Chamber is also active in bringing in new industries.
|Job Category||Preaching Ministry|