Resources and Links
To access these resources when not on-campus in the library users must contact the library staff for necessary login credentials.
- EBSCO Host
- ATLA Religion Database & ATLA Serials (password required)
- Christian Periodical Index (password required for access)
- eBook Collection
- Credo Reference (password required for off-campus access)
- NCLive (password required for access)
- Science Direct-Health and Life Sciences (password required for off-campus access)
Restoration Movement Resources
- Center for Restoration Studies A repository of books, archival materials (cabinets and boxes of file folders, papers, audio/video cassettes etc.) and artifacts connected with the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement.
- Char.is A platform for contemporary conversations and historical research regarding the Churches of Christ. Seeks to target access to digitized Stone-Campbell resources.
- Christian Chronicle Founded in 1943, The Christian Chronicle is a newspaper committed to the highest standards of journalistic excellence and seeks to inform, inspire and unite Churches of Christ worldwide. The Christian Chronicle is not a teaching or doctrinal publication but a newspaper with news and opinion content in sections clearly labeled.
- Christian Standard Founded in 1866. Now the principal magazine connecting congregations in the far-flung, nondenominational fellowship whose congregations are usually known as Christian Churches or Churches of Christ.
- Church Zip Lists and maps of nearby churches of Christ from a list of 39768 churches, primarily a cappella.
- CrossLink International Church locator via zip code for Christian Churches.
- Disciples of Christ Ministries, news and highlights, general assembly, church locator, for the Disciples of Christ in the U.S. and Canada.
- Hymnals of the Stone-Campbell Movement Enos E. Dowling Hymnal Collection, a unique collection of nineteenth century hymnals that have been digitized and placed online for access by scholars, musicians, worship leaders, and others who may have an interest in or love for the music of the Stone-Campbell Movement’s heritage. This site contains the lyrics of over 9,000 hymns from 19 hymnals.
- The Restoration Movement Pages The Restoration Movement Website will be offline for a period of work on the site.
- Restoration Quarterly Devoted to advancing knowledge and understanding of New Testament Christianity, its backgrounds, its history, and its implications for the present age.
- Restoration Serials Index An index of articles from 72 journals, magazines and other periodicals related to the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement.
- Stone-Campbell Journal A scholarly platform for biblical interpretation, history, theology, philosophy, apologetics, and cultural criticism for those who value the perspective of the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement and who endeavor to advance its distinctive principles today.
- American Bible Society American Bible Society has been engaging people with the life-changing message of God’s Word for nearly 200 years.
- Best of the Christian Web Largest directory of Christian websites with over 80,000 sites.
- Christian Answers A worldwide evangelism, education and discipleship ministry of Films for Christ, that seeks to provide accurate, biblical answers on a wide variety of questions asked by Christians and non-Christians.
- Christian Classics Classic Christian writings.
- Christianity Today Globally minded evangelical magazine that provides thoughtful, biblical perspectives on the news and ideas of our day.
- Christianity.com Features online Bible study tools.
- Crosswalk Christian resources for faith, including Bible study, daily devotions, marriage, parenting, movie reviews, music, news, etc.
- Heartlight Positive Resources for daily Christian living.
- Internet Christian Library Contains one of the largest and most complete archiving of “classical” Christian materials available on the Internet.
- Leadership U Links to apologetics sites.
- Reformed Resources Monergism is the position in Christian theology that God, through the Holy Spirit, works to bring about the salvation of individuals through spiritual regeneration without cooperation from the individual. (Wikipedia definition)
- Resource Pages on Biblical Studies “…intended as a resource for serious, scholarly studies of the early Christian writings and their social world.”,
- U of PA Religious Books Lists some 39 links to a variety of religious sources.
- Wesleyan Holiness Digital Library Church of the Nazarene resources.
- Bible Gateway Scripture passage lookup.
- Bible Study Tools Devotionals, reading plans, parallel Bible, interlinear Bible, compare translations, topical verses, and daily Bible verse.
- New Testament Gateway Annotated links on everything connected with the academic study of the New Testament and Christian Origins.
- Preacher’s Study Verse by verse Bible study, New Testament Bible study, Bible study lessons, KJ Bible study, Baptist Bible College online, Online Bible doctorate degree, Bible college degree.
- Sermon Central Search Free Sermons and Professional Church Media.
- Sermon Illustrations Subscription based preaching resource. Resources gathered by professional writers. Includes sermons, illustrations, commentary, dictionary, archaeology, media, worship aids, drams, children’s resources, resources, Bible.
- Bartlett’s Quotations The 120,000 most authoritative quotations on the web.
- Britannica Global digital media company with products that promote knowledge and learning,
- CIA World Fact Book Information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Dictionary.com Information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Directory of Open Access Journals Information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- Encyclopedia.com Search over 100 encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy Open access to detailed, scholarly information on key topics and philosophers in all areas of philosophy.
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary America’s leading and most-trusted provider of language information.
- Project Gutenberg Offers over 45,000 free ebooks.
- Refdesk.com Fact checker for the internet.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy Organizes scholars from around the world in philosophy and related disciplines to create and maintain an up-to-date reference work.
- Thesaurus.com Synonyms.
- Virtual Shelf Reference information via Library of Congress.
- Wikipedia Internet’s largest and most popular general reference work.
- Childrensministry.com Practical ministry ideas, advice, and encouragement.
- Education Index Features reviews of schools and universities.
- Education World News briefs, lesson plans, worksheets, tips, ideas, articles, columns.
- Discipline Help Adapted from our best-selling You Can Handle Them All book.
- Teachers.net Teacher/users contribute content for this site.
- Youthministry.com Articles: college, culture, discipleship, families, leadership, middle school, programming, serving, small groups, volunteers, worship.