Proverbs 15:22 says, “Without consultation, plans are frustrated, But with many counselors they succeed.” (NASB) Unfortunately, in our fractured world people are bombarded with often confusing and ungodly counsel and advice. There is a desperate need for Christian people who are trained to assist these people. Mid-Atlantic Christian University is one of the few schools that offers an undergraduate program that includes a variety of counseling courses in addition to psychology. Many of our graduates have found our program to be excellent preparation for graduate school, while others have found the program to help them be better servants in the local church. If you are interested in helping people with the struggles that are common to mankind, you will find this degree vital in reaching your career goals.
Students successfully completing the Counseling and Psychology major will improve in these areas:
- Master the key principles and overarching themes and,
- theoretical approaches in psychology and counseling.
Scientific Inquiry and Critical Thinking:
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena and
- Demonstrate information literacy in the fields of counseling and psychology.
Ethical and Social Responsibility
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological and counseling science and practice in a variety of cultural settings.
- Demonstrate effective writing and presentation skills for different purposes, and
- Interact effectively with others.
- Apply counseling and psychological content and skills to career goals and
- Develop meaningful professional direction for life after graduation.
- Successfully integrate a Christian worldview into the disciplines of psychology and counseling.
Hear From a Counseling & Psychology Alumni
MACU's professors are what sets us Apart from other colleges
This program will provide a solid foundation for Counseling and Psychology students while making them feel like a part of the family at MACU.