Ongoing Care

Safety Title IX / Sexual Violence Ongoing Care

Students may seek assistance at any time from the University Counseling Services (“UCS”) at no additional charge. Referrals may be made upon request for relatives, partners, and friends of either the complainant or respondent to various support agencies.  The UCs may, or direct victims to others who may, provide assistance in areas such as in changing academic, living, transportation, and working situations, if so requested by the victim and if such accommodations are reasonably available, regardless of whether the victim chooses to report the crime to campus police or local law enforcement.

Students may seek assistance from local medical services. Post-assault medical care includes testing and treating for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

At any time, students may contact a Student Life Representative who is trained to respond to sexual assault emergencies. A student may contact this representative even if he or she has not decided yet whether to report the sexual assault to the police. The Student Life Representative is available to answer any general or personal questions related to sexual assault and can help with:

  • Finding emotional support
  • Getting medical care
  • Reporting the crime to the police
  • Preserving evidence, and, if desired by the complainant, pressing charges
  • Adjusting living arrangements
  • Managing academic obligations
  • Getting counseling
  • Referring to outside sources

Employees and students may seek assistance at any time from any medical facility.