Staying Safe on Campus
General Safety Tips for Staying Safe on Campus
Residence Hall Safety Tips
- Keep your door locked at all times.
- Do not lend your access card to anyone.
- Report lost keys immediately.
- Do not prop open external doors
- Do not keep valuables in the residence hall.
- Maintain a list/documentation of serial numbers and models numbers of value equipment that you keep on campus (e.g. electronic equipment.)
- Do not bring weapons on campus.
Vehicle Safety Tips
- Lock your doors at all times.
- Keep your windows rolled up at all times.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle. If you must leave them in your vehicle, ensure that they are out of sight (e.g. under the seat; placed in the trunk.)
- Familiar yourself with the University Emergency Response Plan and procedures.
- Know where you want to go on campus if you feel unsafe or threatened.
- Ensure someone knows where they can find you.