September 11, 2018
Elizabeth City, NC – September 10, 2018 – In anticipation of Hurricane Florence making landfall in North Carolina Thursday a.m. and then stalling out and producing anywhere from 1-2 feet of rain throughout the region, Mid-Atlantic Christian University is taking the following steps.
1) Classes are cancelled beginning at noon on Tuesday, Sept 11 through the weekend. Plans at this time are to resume classes Monday, Sept 17 at 8:00 a.m. Students should monitor university email and the website for any potential changes to the plan for resuming classes.
2) Students who live in the dorms are encouraged to leave the campus Tuesday afternoon and return home or go with a friend to their home. The campus will be closed at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday and students MUST be vacated from the dorms by that time.
3) Students who are unable to go home or do not have a friend that they can go with should notify the Resident Hall Director, ASAP.
4) The Dining Hall will be open and serve all meals as scheduled on Tuesday. Breakfast will be served on Wednesday. Students who notify their RA may request a box lunch for Wednesday that must be picked up prior to 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
5) Employees are expected to work Wednesday until noon. If an employee desires to evacuate out of eastern NC they may talk to their VP supervisor about being dismissed from duties so that they may leave Tuesday afternoon.
6) The university will utilize university email and the website to communicate updates during this weather event. Students should not call employees for updates but monitor their email and the website.