Tates Creek Christian Church, Lexington, Kentucky, is seeking a Contemporary Worship & Young Adult Minister. The position is full-time and will include responsibility for planning and coordinating the weekly Contemporary Worship service to lead worshippers to the throne of God and to enhance the sermon. In ministering to Young Adults, this minister will also be responsible for continuing and enhancing the current ministry to college age and other young adults, particularly singles. The church is located within two miles of the University of Kentucky campus, so the opportunity for outreach is great. The successful candidate will have completed or be working toward a ministry degree from a recognized Restoration Movement College or University. See the attached for job description for further information. To express interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Kim Beckwith, at email@example.com
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER / COLLEGE MINISTER
Tates Creek Christian Church
Responsible to the Minister with Senior Adults for planning, coordinating, and promoting programs for college age people that develop spiritual maturity. Responsibilities also include leadership of the contemporary worship service.
PROFILE OF CHARACTER:
- Commitment to Christ
- Theologically sound and biblically faithful
- Excellent communication skills including all aspects of communication:
- Effective listening
- Values a team concept of ministry
- High moral and ethical character that is reflective in behavior and decision making
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER/DIRECTOR ROLE
- Develop, in conjunction with Senior Minister, appropriate annual and weekly worship service themes and plans.
- Lead worship in the contemporary service.
- Coordinate volunteers and musicians with set up/tear down with special attention to the audio and visual equipment.
- Evaluate lyrics of all music to ensure they are biblically sound.
- Provide ministerial guidance to those involved in the service.
- Develop creative elements to reinforce the ideas put forth in the sermon.
- Develop services that will be meaningful and relevant and provide a multi-sensory worship experience and learning environment.
- Use social media to communicate vision, themes, topics, and to keep open lines of communication with those who attend.
- Keep current with new worship music and implement into the service.
- Spend time memorizing music to better engage the congregation with eye contact.
- Spend time working on transitions between songs/service elements so there is no “dead time”.
- Promote the contemporary service to the community and to all nearby colleges and universities.
- Provide service opportunities through music, set-up/tear-down, audio/video, greeters, etc.
- Provide service projects/opportunities outside of the service.
- Lead and oversee all rehearsals.
- Recruit new musicians and volunteers.
- Develop all front of house presentations (ProPresenter).
- Preview and select video elements.
- Provide training for all audio/video tech volunteers.
COLLEGE MINISTRY ROLE
- Develop and implement creative ways of reaching college age people for Jesus Christ.
- Visit the campuses of young people, encouraging them and taking an interest in their lives.
- Foster open communication with college age folks and their families.
- Serve as staff coordinator of all college age programs and events including the Sunday night gathering and special events like Passion, retreats, etc.
- Recruit, equip, and train mentors to serve as volunteer leaders.
- Plan and provide Bible based and Christ-centered teaching for the Sunday night gathering, Sunday school and any other gatherings involving this age group.
- Make available counseling opportunities for college students.
- Assist in a “transition” ministry with the Youth Minister to familiarize seniors with the College program.
- Assist in administration, teaching, preaching, hospital calling, and other duties as directed.
- Explore/research what ministries are taking place at the local universities and get involved there, possibly even developing a new ministry on campus.
- Musical abilities.
- Proficient vocally (singing) and with guitar and / or keyboard.
- Working knowledge of sound and media technology.
- Experience with leading or administration of a contemporary service.
To perform this ministry job successfully, it is expected the candidate have a college degree or be working toward the degree. Specifically that education / training would be in an area of Christian ministry and likely from a school recognized by the Tates Creek Christian Church Elders. Proficiency and comfort in the use of the computer and other technology is vital to success in this position.
This position requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pulling, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In an eight hour shift, this position may require sitting for five hours and standing or walking for three hours.
For more information, contact:
3150 Tates Creek Rd