||Posted On: 12/22/2015
We are an Independent Christian Church Camp located in Stockton, Kansas, seeking a full time Executive Director for our camping and retreat center. Lakeview Christian Camp is supported by over 20 Independent Christian Churches in the region.
There are 11 sessions of camp scheduled for the summer of 2016. Campers range in age from 1st grade through college age. Last year there were 485 campers and 162 volunteers. Each session of camp is run by a volunteer dean from one of the supporting churches, who coordinates needs with the Executive Director. There are also retreats scheduled virtually every month of the year. The Executive Director hires summer and temporary staff to help serve in various capacities during the year. There is also a paid registrar and treasurer.
Funding is available to hire a full time Camp Manager who will be responsible for the buildings and grounds under the direction of the Executive Director. That position will be filled after an Executive Director is hired so that he/she can be directly involved in that hiring.
Amenities of the camp include a 700’ zip line and 36’ tall climbing wall. Visitlakeviewchristiancamp.org for more information about the camp.
. The Executive Director must:
- Be an immersed believer in Jesus Christ.
- Be thoroughly committed to New Testament Christianity and the authority of God’s Word.
- Have a heart for camping and retreat ministry.
- Have a heart for youth.
- Have the attitude of a servant.
- Be humble, willing to take feedback, willing to ask for help, and accept constructive criticism and instructions.
- Be flexible and accommodating to the time and fluctuating demands of camp and retreat operations.
- Have practical experience and successful work experience in maintaining and growing a Christian camp and retreat center.
- Be an enthusiastic communicator.
- Be forward-thinking and future-oriented.
- Be organized.
- Work well with others.
- Have the ability to manage and delegate tasks to temporary, seasonal, part and full time staff.
- Be proficient in social media.
- Have practical experience and successful work experience in maintenance related projects.
- Have current CPR and Basic First Aid training (or achievable in 90 days).
- Have a valid driver’s license with no major moving violations and the ability to drive the camp vehicle in an appropriate manner.
- Pass a criminal background check.
. The Executive Director has shared responsibility for summer camp season and retreat success. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Raise funds and promote camp through personal contact with each of the participating churches at least one (1) time per year
- Initiate contact with and follow up with prospective churches.
- Assume responsibility for promoting camp and encouraging church involvement with camps, retreats, and volunteer workdays
- Lead the continuing development of the overall vision and direction under the governance of the Executive Board.
a. Work with the Executive Board to prepare a long-range vision and strategic pl
b. Initiate and prepare the development of organizational policies for Executive Board approval.
c. Implement and uphold all camp policies.
- Report regularly to the Executive Board about progress toward organizational objectives, financial status of the organization, and other issues of concern to the board.
- Be an effective team leader.
a. Develop and foster a cooperative, collaborative, and cohesive team environment within the staff.
b. Communicate and meet with the deans, helping them in any way to create a better camp.
c. Serve as an effective day-to-day coach and mentor to the staff.
- Be responsible for the hiring, evaluation, promotion, training, and discipline of all full and part time employees.
- Recruit summer staff to guarantee a successful summer camp season.
- Oversee and have a thorough understanding of the various components of the ministry, including programming, retreat ministry, development, and operational and facility management.
- Be a good steward of financial resources and ensure the financial integrity of the organization.
- Oversee the financial development and fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Ensure that the activities offered are within the stated purposes and Christian mission of the organization.
- Monitor the quality, attendance levels, costs, and effectiveness of programs and activities for children, youth, and adults.
- Oversee the retreat ministry to assure that the facilities are adequately used and a positive environment is offered to guest groups.
- Oversee the proper maintenance and development of the buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Serve as liaison between Lakeview and all regulatory bodies and accrediting agencies.
- Ensure all camp licensing regulations and legal requirements are met and that a safe environment is maintained for all campers, guests, and staff.
- Schedule annual climbing wall certification in cooperation with the Camp Manager.
- Update and provide registration materials to churches.
- Maintain accurate records,
- Update the website and social media with current information and materials.
- Reside at the camp.
- Perform other responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Executive Board.
Interested applicants should submit a resume AND cover letter describing why you feel God is calling you into camping ministry. Email materials or questions to email@example.com
. Salary plus housing and utilities provided. Continuing education is provided. We are also working to include some portion of insurance premium coverage.
For more information, contact:
1380 10 Road
||Posted On: 02/01/2016
Position Title: Camp Manager, Blue Ridge Christian Camp, McCoy, Virginia
Position Summary: To serve as the year-round Camp Manager of Blue Ridge Christian
The Camp Manager is responsible to the Executive Committee and Board of
Directors of the camp. Responsibilities and Duties as outlined below.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
● Spiritually mature person with strong beliefs and practices. Must provide a
statement of faith and document Christian background.
● Minimum Associates degree or equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Experience supervising others, and the ability to get along well with people;
children, youth and adults. Must possess leadership skills to appropriately influence
people to achieve a desired outcome.
● Must possess leadership skills to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired
● Must have a criminal background check and willing to submit to periodic record
● Must posses a valid drivers’ license, and be capable of operating a range of
equipment. Must obtain a Virginia Driver’s license, if not already registered, within
the first 30 days of employment.
● Other current certifications and training seen as advantageous include: First Aid /
CPR, Serve Safe for Food Service, Climbing Wall
● Live on-site in the Camp Manager’s Residence on year-round basis, to ensure the
well-being and security of camp property buildings and holdings.
● Possess moderate computer skills (including but not limited to: Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel) and basic internet and social media skills. Book keeping
experience would be an asset.
● Required Skills: Organizational; Promotional; Administrative; and Maintenance as
detailed in full Job Description and Requirements.
● Prior experience as a camp manager or assistant is an advantage.
For More Information and detailed Duties and Job Description contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply for this Position: Submit a cover letter, statement of faith and beliefs,
Christian background, resume and a list of at least four references (in a Word or PDF
All documentation is to be received by March 1, 2016.
For more information, contact:
1751 Sterling Drive
||Posted On: 02/18/2016
Countryside Christian School is looking for teachers in our grade school and middle school program. Housing is available. The qualified candidate must have a desire to serve in ministry and understand the value of a private, Christian education.
Please send your resume and cover letter to John McArthur, Countryside Christian School, 5333 Austin Rd., Cambridge, MD. Or email the information to email@example.com
For more information, contact:
5333 Austin Road
||Posted On: 05/02/2016
Northway Christian Church: A well-established community church, committed to spiritual formation that inspires servant leadership, is seeking a full-time Minister to Children and their Families. A nearly 900 member congregation located in the Park Cities area of Dallas, TX, Northway is committed to its children and is seeking a leader who can work with a dedicated ministry team to reach its vision.
This person, who should have a passion for children and their families, will lead a team of volunteers to create a powerful and welcoming faith community. A master’s degree in Divinity or Education is preferred. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact:
7202 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75225