Mid-Atlantic Christian University's goal is to produce teachers that:
- View oneself as a researcher of teaching and learning and as a professional whose continued growth can best be met through inquiry, reflection and sustained dialogue with peers.
- Foster positive attitudes towards lifelong learning.
- Believe in research as a valuable tool for informing the practice of teaching and adding to the pedagogy of the profession.
- value reflective practice as a tool to inform instruction and promote professional growth.
- Show respect for diversity.
- Value collaboration as a way to increase student learning.
- Commit to a positive student-centered learning environment.
- Value short and long term planning.
- Believe in the value of integrating content to allow students to see connections.
- Believe in using a variety of instructional strategies to meet the unique and differentiated needs of students.
- Commit to using assessment to drive instruction.
- Understand that well thought out lesson plans and purposefully designed activities lead to successful teaching and successful student learning.
- Believe in the use of technology to help prepare a diverse population for the challenges of the 21st Century workplace.
- Believe in a code of ethics for North Carolina Educators that is congruent with the university model.